Project 1 – CHORDATA Precision livestock farming
Integrated Data-driven Insight
Chordata PLF is a transformational system to provide new information and insights into the metabolic health status of dairy cattle – to increase wellbeing, reduce anti-microbial resistance (AMR) and help manage greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Chordata PLF will combine
- An injectable biosensor microchip for detection of selected blood-based and ambient biomarkers, plus ID
- a wearable for movement, activity and behaviour tracking with wireless data transfer
- a cloud analytics platform to process the sensor data and create insights
- simple to use apps to present integrated data to farm managers and vets
The system will include machine learning algorithms and application interfaces for treatment decision support, presented via an app interface co-designed with farm managers and vets.
project 2 – CHORDATA COMPANION ANIMAL HEALTH
Data for early detection
Chordata has identified an opportunity for transformational change in pet care by applying leading-edge human health technologies to dogs and cats
Chordata Pet will combine:
- an injectable biosensor microchip for detection of selected blood-based biomarkers, plus ID
- a wearable for movement, activity and behaviour analysis
- a cloud analytics platform to process integrated data and create insights
- simple to use apps to present the data to pet owners and vets
Chordata Pet replaces ineffective id chips with a multi-function pet health chip (including id), at the same price or less to the pet owner. Our route to market will be veterinarians, who will benefit from enhanced services, reduced cost of care, and increased value through early detection and effective treatment.